S1E1: Hi! Get to Know Sara & Laura
In this very first episode of the Passports and Pizza podcast, Sara and Laura invite you to get to know each of them while they pop open a bottle of sparkling rosé and play some games.
Sara reveals herself to be an OG podcast listener, there’s a game of Mad Libs and they dive into Laura’s scuba diving adventures. There are some serious thoughts about Harry Potter movies as well as Domino’s and Papa John’s pizza. In a round of rapid fire “this or that” questions, Laura and Sara do their best to stump one another. They discuss pineapple on pizza, what 3 items would someone put in a magic summon to circle each of them, and how Laura needs to fulfill her Broadway karaoke dreams. The dry winter weather is getting to both of them and Sara has a podcast recommendation for people with IBS. (But wait - isn’t that everyone?) Then they try to get to the bottom of attempting to be a fashionable person in Central PA while praising the power of a good jumpsuit.
There’s also some more basic info about each of them and they answer a listener question about where they would travel based on food alone. But the real question is … can you tell their voices apart?
PRODUCTS, ETC. MENTIONED:
• Serial podcast
• Feast of St. Pizza podcast episodes one and two from Roam + Go Lightly
• Sara’s favorite Third Love bra
• The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo and her Netflix show
• Jonathan Van Ness’s figure skating journey
• Sara’s Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
• Abducted in Plain Sight true crime documentary
• The Wellness Project by Phoebe Lapine
• Feed Me Phoebe food blog
• SIBO Made Simple podcast
• Laura’s “boiler suit” jumpsuit
• Sara’s favorite jumpsuit
• Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
• Golden Hour by Kacey Musgraves
• Jamie Oliver’s Tender & Crisp Chicken Legs with Sweet Tomatoes & Basil
• related: Jamie Oliver’s Chicken in Milk
Thank you for listening!
Please make sure to subscribe and leave a review. If you’d like to reach out to send in a question or comment, please do so via any of these platforms:
You can also follow Sara and Laura individually:
*photo at top by Bill Ecklund
*This post contains affiliate links.