This episode begins with a correction about malt whisky from episode 4, Whiskey Women, and Laura explains that she found “her drink.” She’s also working on an exciting project but it’s stressing her out a little bit. Sara’s blog got sneakily hacked but Taylor Swift is coming through for her on the political front. After catching up they move onto drinking gin and tonics, eating blondies, and discussing London while doing some terrible British accents. Before ending with recommendations they answer a listener question about how they decide where to go in the world.
LONDON, gin & tonics, etc:
• Sara’s blog posts: London, Salisbury
• Laura’s blog post: Complete London Travel Guide
• TV shows: Harlots, Peaky Blinders, The Fall, The Crown
• Butterscotch Blondies from The Violet Bakery Cookbook (note: Sara baked them in a 9x13 pan for 20 minutes)
• Fever Tree elderflower tonic and Indian tonic
• gins used: New Amsterdam and Tanqueray Rangpur
• Thistle Finch gin from Lancaster, PA
• Sara’s Airbnb in the Shoreditch neighborhood + the hosts’ coffee shop named Bell Boi
• Fat Tire Bike Tours
• London books: Londonopolis and London Style Guide
Thank you for listening!
Please make sure to subscribe and leave a review. If you’d like to reach out to send in a question or comment, please do so via any of these platforms:
You can also follow Sara and Laura individually:
*This post contains affiliate links.