S1E9: New Orleans
It’s an intense one, folks! Laura is feeling that hectic end-of-the-school-year teacher life, she’s come to some sad realizations about her grandma, and she’s happy to live in a time of Game of Thrones. Meanwhile, Sara is digging herself out from under a huge pile of emails, she’s dealing with some negative body image issues, and she’s sporting a cute new haircut. Then the tables turn and they switch to the topic of New Orleans while drinking some classic daiquiris. Sara shares her top tips from her recent trip while they get progressively more tipsy, and then they end with recommendations.
• Sara’s New Orleans blog post (coming soon!)
• second line parades
• the original Hurricane from Pat O’Brien’s
• Cochon Butcher (order the Butcher Hurricane)
• New Orleans Cocktails book
• Cafe Du Monde vs. Cafe Beignet
• Joy the Baker’s New Orleans recommendations
• Longway Tavern
• Willie Mae’s Scotch House (famous fried chicken)
• Gris-Gris (order the Voodoo Daiquiri)
• Jewel of the South
• Fry and Pie
• American Horror Story: Coven
• Bloody Mary Haunted Museum Tour
classic daiquiri recipe:
• 2 oz white rum
• 1 oz fresh lime juice
• 1/2 oz simple syrup
Add ice to a cocktail shaker along with the rum, fresh lime juice, and simple syrup. Close the lid and shake vigorously for about 30-45 seconds. Strain into a small glass, preferably pre-chilled if you’ve thought that far ahead. Enjoy! Makes one drink.
Thank you for listening!
Please make sure to subscribe and leave a review. If you’d like to reach out to send in a question or comment, please do so via any of these platforms:
You can also follow Sara and Laura individually:
*This post contains affiliate links.